Happy New Year! Here is a day-late look back at the most popular AAK! posts of 2017, by the number of page views.
Most Viewed Posts of 2017 (All-Time Posts)
1. The Irrational Downfall of Park Geun-hye [Link]
2. Counting in Sino-Korean [Link]
3. Going to College in Korea [Link]
4. Becoming a Doctor in Korea [Link]
5. What Became of Korea's Royal Family? [Link]
The blog's most popular post ever, about the impeachment of Park Geun-hye written in late 2016, is still going strong. But beyond that, whoa! Not sure what happened, but suddenly the old articles about weight loss and dating Korean men have slipped off the top five. I really thought those would top the list as long as the blog shall live, but I suppose the blog is in fact getting old.
Most Viewed Posts of 2017 (Written in 2017)
1. Korea's Alt-Right, and How to Fight the Ones at Home [Link]
2. Discussing the Candidates for Korea's Presidential Election [Link]
3. K-pop is not a Genre [Link]
4. Annotated Opinion of the Constitutional Court Impeaching Park Geun-hye [Link]
5. The Bigotry Against Korean Democracy [Link]
2017 was a year, wasn't it? I never wanted to write too much about Korean politics because I always thought the topic was too much insider baseball, but here it is--four of the top five posts are about politics.
Thank you everyone for reading; I don't deserve it, but thank you anyway. Have a wonderful holiday season.
Got a question or a comment for the Korean? Email away at firstname.lastname@example.org.