Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Ask a Korean! Wiki: Calling All Gay Koreans!

Dear Korean,

Let's say I want to meet an Korean (gay) guy... where can I find one?


No. Idea. The Korean already retired from his hetero dating several years ago, and has no idea what the young gay whippersnappers do to meet people.

Where are my Korean gay people at? Feel free to describe locations as well as online communities.

Got a question or a comment for the Korean? Email away at askakorean@gmail.com.


  1. If it's in Korea, I have an ex-pat friend here who uses some app on his phone to meet Korean gay guys. Apparently there are lots of them here in Busan. I can't remember what the app is called, but well, you can look into it, I guess! It's like actual "gaydar."

    There's supposedly at least one club in Busan and a bunch, of course, in Seoul, I think in Itaewon near "hooker hill."

  2. There's a place called Homo Hill in Itaewon. http://www.utopia-asia.com/seoubars.htm gives a general overview of a few Seoul gay bars.

  3. If it's Seoul region, Itaewon, Apgujeong and Gangnam have quite a few bars and clubs etc.where you can meet them.

    In Itaewon, there are is place by Vincent Song called 'O' it is located where we used to have Hellios. Right across from there at the intersection towards the 'Hooker Hill' there is 'G Bar' and then at the same street - there r many places.

    Polly's Kettle is also a good spot.

  4. Fellow blogger Brian over at kissmykimchi.com blogged about this awhile back: www.kissmykimchi.com/2010/06/kmk-queer-seoul-series-part-i.html.

  5. my friends like a little bar on homo hill called Oz.

  6. In Seoul you can find them mostly in Itaewon. But aczually there are many gay bars where you can find them directly...even all are handsome. :'(

  7. You're gay and came to Korea???!!! Living in Korea has turned me celibate and I no longer even use the label. I spent hours, ten years ago trying to locate a gay place in Daegu, to no avail. I have not once met a Gay Korean or even seen anything resembling gay behaviour, and I live in bathhouses - but I know a gay world exists. Don't be deterred, my lack of action probably reflects my boring lifestyle!

    I think there are now more gay venues than 10 years ago, here is a useful resource: http://www.utopia-asia.com/kortaegu.htm

    There is also an organisation called Chingusai: http://www.chingusai.net/e_page/e_index.html

    Good luck!

  8. I have definitely met quite a few gay Korean men (though only one lesbian woman so far). They're out there, just not as openly as at home sometimes. But, Korea is becoming much more open than a few years back and I expect that in another 10 to 20 years there will be a lot more openly homosexual Koreans. Good luck in the quest to find some men, I'm not gay so Homo Hill is the best suggestion I can make here...

  9. There are lots of gay bars in Itaewon, those that are low-key, and those that are a bit more wild. One of our good friends is gay and we've accompanied him on a few dates before-- definitely Halloween on "Homo Hill" was the most fun we've had in Korea thus far. I've never seen so many Korean drag queens before, and I doubt I will again.


To prevent spam comments, comments left on posts older than 60 days are subject to moderation and will not appear immediately.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...